River City Premier FC is a competitive youth soccer club program that offers a wide range of soccer training for the boys and girls (ages 4 to 19) in San Antonio.
This soccer club was created by a band of coaches with a vision. A team leading an insurgency against the model of ‘winning at all costs. We focus on the process of individual player development more than anything else. Our teams are organized so that their soccer skills are strengthened to the greatest degree possible.
We believe that this process is the key to the future of this sport. It will produce quality players that will play soccer at the highest competitive levels.
Here is how we will do it:
- Implement a comprehensive player development curriculum for all age groups that allows players to develop the Technical, Tactical, Physical, and Psycho-social aspects of the game
- Put the overall development of the player first while balancing the needs of the overall program.
- Encourage and support all players of the club
- Hire USSF licensed trainers that will provide quality and professional coaching and top-level training
- Organize the fairest and best possible teams through annual tryouts
- Seek out top-level competition with other players of the same or higher caliber
- Base playing time on merit earned by a player through skills and conditioning, development, ability, attendance, performance, attitude, teamwork and adherence to the expectations listed herein
- Require players to compete in scrimmages, league play and a minimum of two tournaments per season
- Receive strong financial support to pave the way for achieving the above goals through corporate sponsorship, team fund raising, individual donations, parental support, and tournaments.